Tour Terms & Conditions
These tour conditions shall apply to Sunrise Tours, agent-organized
tours organized by the companies listed in Article 2 below.
1. Purpose of Tour Conditions
- These tour conditions shall become a part of the explanatory documents of the terms and conditions stipulated in Article
12-4 and the contract documents stipulated in Article 12-5 of the Travel Agency Act.
2. Agent-Organized Tour Contracts
- This is a tour planned and carried out by the travel company set out in the relevant brochure or tour web pages
(hereinafter referred to as the "Brochure") (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") among the companies listed
below providing Sunrise Tours and the clients who participate in this tour are required to conclude an agent-organized
tour contract (hereinafter referred to as "Tour Contract") with the Company.
・JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc. (2-3-11, Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Commissioner of Japan
Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agency No. 1955)
- The Company undertakes to provide tour arrangements and itinerary management so that clients can have travel
services including transportation/accommodation provided by transportation/accommodation providers (hereinafter
referred to as "Tour Services") in accordance with the tour itinerary determined by the Company.
- The terms and conditions of the Tour Contract are comprised of, the Brochure, these tour conditions, the final
documents called as the final itinerary handed over before departure (hereinafter referred to as the "Final Tour
Itinerary") and the section of the agent-organized tour contract in the standard terms and conditions of tour contracts of
the Company (hereinafter referred to as the "Company Terms and Conditions").
3-1. Application for Tour and Time of Entry into Effect of Contract
- When applying, it is required to provide the necessary information together with the application deposit provided in the
Brochure to the Company or our tour sales agents described in the "tour sales agent offices" section (hereinafter
collectively referred to as the "Companies"). For our operational reasons, it may be required to fill the necessary
information in our special form or the dedicated window. At the time of the payment of the tour price, the application
deposit will be used towards such payment. The Tour Contract comes into effect when the Companies agree to the
conclusion of the contract and receives the application deposit.
- a) The Companies may accept reservation applications for Tour Contracts by telephone, mail, facsimile and other
means of communication. In such cases, the contract does not come into effect at the time of the reservation.
Clients are required to confirm the contents of the application and pay the application deposit within 3 days
counting from the day after the day when the Companies notify the client of acceptance of the reservation. If the
client does not pay the application deposit within this period, the Companies treat such application as void.
b) In the case of reservations made over the internet and payment at a tour sales office, it is required to confirm the
contents of the application and pay the application deposit within 2 days counting from the day after the day when
the Companies notify the client of acceptance of the reservation. If the client does not pay the application deposit
within this period, the Companies treat such application as void.
- Notwithstanding the provisions in Paragraph (1) above, if the contract is made by way of a Communications Contract
set out in Article 24, the contract comes into effect as specified in Article 24 (3).
- When a person responsible for the contract as a representative of an organization or group applies for a tour, the
Companies shall regard the representative as having all authorization to conclude or cancel the contract.
- A person responsible for the contracts shall provide the Companies with lists of the names of members by the date
specified by the Companies.
- The Companies shall not assume any obligations or responsibilities which arose in the past or will arise in the future
and are owed by the person responsible for the contracts to group members.
- In case the person responsible for the contract does not accompany the group, the Companies will regard one of the
members appointed by such person in advance as the person responsible for the contract after the tour departure.
3-2. Special Contract regarding Handling of the Waitlist System
When a Tour Contract cannot be concluded due to full occupancy of seats or rooms or other reasons at booking and
a client really wants to proceed with the booking, the Company may conclude a special contract with the client and
conclude a Tour Contract when the Company becomes able to conclude the Tour Contract with the client (hereinafter
referred to as the "Waitlist System")
- If a client wants to take part in the Waitlist System, the Company shall confirm the waiting period during which the
client can wait for the response of the Company (hereinafter referred to as the "Waiting Period") and require the
submission of the application and money equivalent to the application deposit. At this point, the Tour Contract has not
been concluded yet and the Company does not guarantee the conclusion of a Tour Contract in the future.
- The Company shall reserve the money equivalent of the application deposit as mentioned in Paragraph (1) above as a
deposit and when the Company becomes able to execute a Tour Contract with the client, the Company shall notify the
client of acceptance of the conclusion of the Tour Contract and such money will be used as the application deposit.
- A Tour Contract comes into effect when the Company sends an acceptance notice of conclusion of the Tour Contract
with the client as provided in Paragraph (2) above (but in the case of an electronic acceptance notice, when the notice
reaches the client).
- The Company shall refund a full amount of the deposit when the Company is not able to accept the conclusion of a
Tour Contract during the Waiting Period.
- If a client notifies the Company of his/her withdrawal from the Waitlist System before the Company notifies him/her of
the acceptance of the Tour Contract during the Waiting Period, the Company shall refund a full amount of the deposit.
In this case, the Company shall not charge a cancellation fee even if the client's notice of withdrawal from the Waitlist
System is made during the cancellation fee period.
4. Conditions for Application
- Clients under 20 years of age must provide the Company with the written consent of their guardian. Clients under 15
years of age must be accompanied by a guardian.
- The Company may refuse participation if the client' s age, qualifications, skills or other conditions which the Companies
specify do not conform to those designated for tours aimed at specific client categories or purposes.
- The Company may refuse participation if the Company finds that the client is a member of an organized crime group,
a related person of an organized crime group or part of any other anti-social forces.
- The Company may refuse participation if the client makes a demand with violence or an unreasonable demand or
uses intimidating words or actions in relation to transactions with the Companies.
- The Company may refuse participation if the client defames the reputation or interferes with the business of the
Companies by spreading rumours, using fraudulent means or resorting to force.
- Clients who require special attention due to chronic disease, general ill-health, pregnancy or physical handicaps must
advise the Company of this when applying for the tour. The Company will respond to such requests to the extent
feasible and reasonable. And when the Company makes a special arrangement in accordance with the client' s
request, the client shall bear the expenses incurred in relation to the arrangement. The Company may request that
the client presents a medical certificate. Depending on the local circumstances and the relevant organizations,
the Company may require clients to be accompanied by an escort or companion, change a part of the itinerary,
recommend the client join another tour with fewer barriers or refuse his/her participation in the tour to ensure safe
and smooth operation of the tour.
- In the cases of Paragraphs (1), (2) and (6), when necessary, the Company shall notify the client within one week in
principle of, in the cases of (1) and (2), the application submission date and of, in the case of (6), the date advised by
- If the Company determines that the client needs a medical diagnosis or treatment by a physician due to illness,
functional disease or other reasons during the tour, the Company may take measures necessary to ensure smooth
operation of the tour. All costs resulting from such measures shall be borne by the client.
- Independent activities of the client' s own preference during the tour shall not be permitted in principle. However, the
Company may, depending on the tour package, accept such activities under separate conditions.
- The Company may refuse a client' s participation if the Company determines that the client threatens to embarrass
other participants or interfere with the collective activities of tour participants.
- The Company may also refuse a client's participation for tour operational reasons.
5. Delivery of Contract Documents and Final Tour Itinerary
- Promptly after a Tour Contract is concluded, the Company shall provide the itinerary, the tour conditions including the
Tour Services and the contract documents referring to the responsibilities of the Company. Contract documents are
comprised of the Brochure and these tour conditions, etc.
- To supplement the contract documents mentioned in Paragraph (1), the Company shall provide a Final Tour Itinerary
stating confirmed information in relation to the meeting time, meeting place, relevant transportation provider and
relevant accommodation provider, at latest no later than one day prior to the tour departure date. Provided, however,
that if an application is made on or after 7 days prior to the day before the tour departure date, the Company may
provide it on the departure date. If confirmed information in relation to the meeting time, meeting place, relevant
transportation provider and relevant accommodation provider is stated in the contract documents mentioned in
Paragraph (1) above, no Final Tour Itinerary shall be provided.
6. Payment of Tour Price
The tour price shall be paid no later than on the 13th day counting back from the day before the departure date of the tour.
If an application is made on or after the 13th day counting back from the day before the departure date of the tour, the tour
price shall be paid before departure and by the date designated by the Company. Even when a client and the Company do
not enter into the Correspondence Contract stipulated in Article 24, if a client is a credit card holder of the Company's
affiliated credit card company and gives consent, the Company may charge the client's credit card for the tour price
(inclusive of application deposits and additional charges) without the signature of the client, any cancellation fee or penalty
charge stipulated in Article 14, and additional charges stipulated in Article 10 and handling charges stipulated in Article 13.
In the absence of any request from the client, the Card Use Day (defined below) shall be the acceptance date of the client.
7. Tour Price
- Unless otherwise specified, clients 12 years of age or over shall be charged the adult price and those aged 6 to 11 (in
the case of a package using an airplane, those aged 3 to 11) shall be charged the child price.
If a client accompanies two or more children 5 years of age or under, the child price shall be added from the second
of children respectively. Additional facility charges or meal expenses may be required at local destinations. Provided,
however, that these 2 sentences shall not be applicable to a tour for which the infant price is set for children aged 5 or
- Any age mentioned in Paragraph (1) above shall be the age as of the tour departure date.
- The tour price is indicated for each tour package. Clients are asked to confirm the tour price based on the departure
date and the number of participants.
- The "tour price" shall be the basis for calculating the "application deposit" stipulated in Article 3, the "cancellation fee"
stipulated in Article 14 (1), "penalty charge" stipulated in Article 14 (3) and "compensation for changes" stipulated in
Article 23. The "Tour Price" in advertisements or the Brochures shall be calculated as follows: "basic tour price (or
standard tour price)" + "additional charges" - "discount amounts".
8. Included in the Tour Price
||Fees for accommodation facilities expressly stated in the tour itinerary. Unless otherwise
specified in the Brochure, a twin room with a shower (a room for 2 guests with private facilities)
at the hotels stated in each Final Tour Itinerary will be available and for a client taking part in the
tour alone, a single room for tour at the hotels. If such client uses other type of single room at
his/her option, extra charges stated in the margin of the Brochure shall be added. A triple room
may be a twin room with extra bed.
||Meal expenses expressly stated in the tour itinerary.
||Fares and charges for transportation providers expressly stated in the tour itinerary. For tours
stating "first class", first-class cars (green cars) will be available. For tours of other categories,
economy class seats will be available. Economy class seats mean reserved seats unless
expressly stated as non-reserved seats.
|Other JR limited
||Fares and charges for transportation providers expressly stated in the tour itinerary. If tours
include a use of limited expresses, economy class seats will be available. Economy class seats
mean reserved seats unless expressly stated as non-reserved seats.
||Fares and charges for transportation providers expressly stated in the tour itinerary. For the use
of subways or local trains, non-reserved seats will be available. For the use of limited expresses,
economy class seats mean reserved seats unless expressly stated as non-reserved seats.
||Fares and charges for transportation providers, admission fees and entrance fees expressly
stated in the tour itinerary. For tours, a share-ride sedan, van, motorcoach or sightseeing ship
will be used and entrance fees for temples, shrines, galleries or museums, etc. stated in each
Final Tour Itinerary are included. A minibus, sedan or taxi will be used for a tour of a limited
number of participants. Some tours include sightseeing originally aimed at Japanese tourists
but open to other tourists.
||Fares and charges for the transportation provider expressly stated in the tour itinerary. A
motorcoach will be used. A sedan, van or taxi will be used for a tour of a limited number of
||As stated in the Final Tour Itinerary, load carriage service (porter's fees are included) for one
normal-sized baggage (50cm x 60cm x 120cm at a maximum) per person is included. However,
this service is not included in the cases where there are cargo restrictions at trains or ships or
porter's service is not available at stations, hotels or airports.
||Fees for tour conductors, English-speaking guides and English-speaking assistants. Guide
services will be provided only if they are expressly stated in the "Guide service" column of the
||Tips for hotel employees, porters and drivers are included in the relevant fees.
||Consumption tax and other taxes and duties are included in the tour price.
||Fares and charges of the transportation provider expressly stated in the tour itinerary. Economy
class seats will be available.
||Other amounts expressly stated in the Brochure as included in the tour price.
9. Not Included in the Tour Price
Charges and expenses other than those specified in Paragraphs (1) thorough (3) of the preceding Article are not included
in the tour price such as:
- Excess baggage charges (baggage exceeding the specific weight, capacity, number);
- Airport departure taxes (excluding cases where expressly mentioned in the Brochure);
- Laundry, telegrams, telephone, additional meals and drinks, and any other expenses of a personal nature and tax and
service charges incidental to them;
- Tour price for an optional tour taken by only the applicant (a small excursion for an extra charge);
- Extra tariffs and charges of transportation providers (for example, fuel surcharges); and
- Transportation charges and accommodation fees between arrival/departure point and the whereabouts.
10. Additional Charges
The "additional charges" mentioned in Article 7 shall mean the following charges (excluding cases where they are already
included in the "Tour Price"):
- Additional charges for "Upgrade Plans" as specified by the Company in the Brochures and other materials to upgrade
hotels or room classes;
- Additional charges for changing from a "Plan Without Meals" to a "Plan With Meals";
- Additional charges for "Hotel Extension Plan" as specified by the Company in the Brochures and other materials to
extend the period of stay at the hotel;
- The differences in the airfare for "additional charge for super seat" as specified by the Company in the Brochures and
other materials to upgrade airline seat classes; and
- Other additional charges as specified in the Brochures and other materials (additional charges for straight check-ins
and additional charges for choosing the airline as specified in the Brochures and other materials).
11. Revision of Tour Contract
If the following occur: natural disasters, wars, riots, suspension of Tour Services rendered by transport/accommodation
providers, governmental orders, provision of transportation services not based on the original operational plan, or other
circumstances beyond the Company's control, the Company may, even after conclusion of the Tour Contract, revise its
itinerary and Tour Services when it is avoidable in order to conduct safe and smooth tour operation after the Company
promptly explains to clients the reasons why such events are beyond the Company's control and the causal connection
with the event. However, said explanation may be made after revisions in emergency circumstances.
12. Change in Tour Price
The Company will not change the tour price, additional charges or discount prices after the conclusion of the Tour
Contracts except in the following cases:
- If the tariff and charges of the transportation providers used for the tour are revised considerably out of the range of
those ordinary expected due to drastic changes in the economic conditions, the Company may revise its tour price in
accordance with increases or reductions in transportation tariff and charges for the tour accordingly. If the tour price is
increased, the Company shall notify clients on no later than the 15th day counting back from the day before the tour
- In the event transportation tariff and charges are drastically reduced as provided in Paragraph (1), the Company shall
reduce the tour price accordingly in accordance with Paragraph (1);
- In the event the itinerary changes and the costs for tour operation decrease, the Company shall reduce the tour price
- In the event the itinerary changes in accordance with Article 11 and the travel costs for tour operation (including
cancellation fees, penalty charges or other charges which have already been paid or need to be paid later for Tour
Services which have not been provided due to a change in the contract) increase, except for cases where the
services are provided but the contract has changed because of a shortage of seats, rooms or other facilities relating
to the transportation or accommodation facilities, the Company shall change the tour price accordingly; and
- If the Company specifies that tour prices are dependent on the number of participants in the transportation and
accommodation and there is a change in the number of participants due to reasons beyond the Company's control
after the conclusion of the Tour Contract, the Company shall change the tour price within the range as specified in the
13. Change of Tour Participant
A client who has entered into a Tour Contract may, with the Company's consent, transfer its status in the contract to a
third party. In this case, the clients shall fill in the required information in the form provided by the Company and submit
it to the Company. At the time, the clients shall pay a handling charge for the change of participant determined by the
Company. (If a boarding pass is already issued, the Company may separately charge the cost of re-issuance.) This
transfer of status in the contract shall become valid upon the consent of the Company and the transferee of the status in
the Tour Contract shall hold all rights and assume all obligations in relation to the Tour Contract. The Company may
reject such change if transportation or accommodation providers would not accept the change or for any other reason.
14. Cancellation Fees
- If a client cancels the tour for personal reasons after the conclusion of the Tour Contract, the client shall pay
cancellation fees described below unless otherwise stated in the Brochure and clients remaining in the tour shall pay
the balance of additional per room costs associated with the change in number of participants.
|Timing of Cancellation
||If cancellation notice arrives at JTB no less than 8 days prior to the departure
date of the tour
||If cancellation notice arrives at JTB within 2 - 7 days prior to the departure
date of the tour
||30% of the tour price
||If cancellation notice arrives at JTB on the day immediately before the
departure date of the tour
||40% of the tour price
||If cancellation notice arrives at JTB before the departure time on the
departure date of the tour
||50% of the tour price
||If cancellation notice arrives at JTB on the check-in date or no cancellation
notice is received
||100% of the tour price
* Timing of cancellation is based on Japan time.
- In case of cancellation due to a credit financing issues beyond the Company's control, the client shall pay the
cancellation fees specified by the Company.
- If a client fails to pay the tour price by the due date, the Company will consider that the client has cancelled the Tour
Contract as of the day following the due date, and the client shall pay a penalty charges equal to the amount of the
- If a client changes the departure day or a part of the itinerary such as the tour package or any transportation or
accommodation due to his/her personal preferences, the Company shall consider this a cancellation of the entire tour
and the Company shall charge the cancellation fees specified by the Company.
15. Cancellation before Departure
- Cancellation by Client
1. The client may cancel the Tour Contract at any time if they pay the Company the cancellation fee stipulated in Article
14. The Company shall accept cancellation based on the arrival time of the cancellation notice during the business
hours (Japan time) of the office where the client originally applied for the tour.
2. In any of the following cases, the clients may cancel the Tour Contract without paying a cancellation fee.
a. When the contents of the Tour Contract have been changed. However, such changes shall be limited to the cases
listed in the left side of the table in Article 23 and other material cases;
b. When the tour price is increased in accordance with Article 12(1);
c. Safe and smooth tour operation becomes or is most likely to become impossible due to natural disaster, war, riot,
suspension of Tour Services rendered by transportation/accommodation providers, governmental orders or other
d. In the case where the Final Tour Itinerary needs to be delivered under the Travel Agency Act, when the Company
has not delivered the Final Tour Itinerary described in Article 5(2) to the client by the date specified therein; or
e. When tour operation becomes impossible due to reasons attributable to the Company.
3. The Company shall refund the remaining amount of the received tour price (or application deposit) after deducting
the cancellation fees specified by the Company when the Tour Contract is cancelled in accordance with Paragraph
(1)1. If the application deposit is not enough to cover the cancellation fee, the Company will charge the difference
separately. When the Tour Contract is cancelled in accordance with Paragraph (1)2, the Company shall refund a full
amount of the received tour price (or application deposit).
4. Any change of the details of tour, tour itinerary or services, etc. by the client for personal reasons shall constitute a
cancellation of the contract set out in Paragraph (1)1 above and a conclusion of a new contract. Please note that the
client shall pay the stipulated cancellation fees in accordance with the first paragraph of Paragraph (1)3 above.
- Cancellation by Company
1. If the client has not paid the tour price by the due date provided in Article 6, the Company may cancel the Tour
Contract. In such case, the client shall pay the Company a penalty charge of the same amount as the cancellation
fee described in Paragraph (1)1.
2. In any of the following cases, the Company may cancel the Tour Contract:
a. When it becomes apparent that the client does not satisfy the gender, age, qualification, skill or other requirements
specified by the Company in advance for participation in the tour;
b. When the client is found to be a person described in Article 4(3) through (5);
c. When the client is recognized as unfit to participate in the tour due to illness, absence of a necessary helper or for
d. When the Company considers that the client may cause trouble for the other participants, or might otherwise
interfere with the smooth operation of the group activities;
e. When the client makes demands beyond the reasonable scope of the details in the contract;
f. When the minimum number of participants as stipulated by the Company in the Brochure has not been reached. In
such cases, the Company shall notify the clients of tour cancellation on no later than the 13th day (3rd day for oneday
tours) prior to the day preceding the tour departure date;
g. When the necessary conditions as clearly specified by the Company in advance cannot be met or it is highly likely
that such conditions will not be met, such as in the case of insufficient snowfall for ski tours; or
h. Safe and smooth tour operation of the tour itinerary as specified in the Brochure becomes or is most likely to become
impossible due to natural disaster, war, riot, suspension of Tour Services rendered by transportation and
accommodation providers, governmental orders or other causes.
3. When the Company cancels the Tour Contract in accordance with Paragraph (2)1, it shall refund the tour price (or
application deposit) already received after deducting the applicable penalty charges. When the Company cancels a
Tour Contract in accordance with Paragraph (2)2, the Company shall refund a full amount of the tour price (or
application deposit) already received from the client.
16. Cancellation After Departure
- Cancellation by Client
1. When the client leaves the tour group for personal reasons, the Company shall consider it a forfeiture of contractual
rights and shall not make any refund.
2. If certain Tour Services cannot be provided as described in the Brochure due to reasons not attributable to the client,
the client may cancel the contract relevant to such Tour Services not provided without paying any cancellation fees.
3. In the case of Paragraph (1)2, the Company shall refund the amount relevant to the Tour Services which are not
provided. Provided, however, that if such event is caused by reasons not attributable to the Company, the Company
shall refund the remaining amount after deducting the cancellation fee, penalty charges or other expenses for the
relevant Tour Services which have already been paid or will have to be paid.
- Cancellation by the Company
1. The Company may cancel a part of the Tour Contract after the Company explains to the clients in the following
a. When the Company considers that the client is unable to continue the tour owing to illness, absence of a necessary
helper or other reasons;
b. When the client is found to be a person described in any of Article 4(3) through (5);
c. When the client disobeys the instructions of the Company through the tour conductor or other person to conduct
safe and smooth tour operation, or disturbs the order of group activities of tour participants by violence or menace
towards these people or those accompanying them or jeopardizes the safe and smooth operation of the tour; and
d. When the tour cannot continue due to war, riot, suspension of Tour Services rendered by transportation and
accommodation providers, governmental orders or other causes beyond the Company's control.
2. Effect of Cancellations and Refunds
If the Company cancels the Tour Contract in accordance with Paragraph 2(1) above, the cancellation fee or penalty
charges or other charges which have already been paid or have to be paid to service providers of the Tour Services
which have not been rendered due to cancellation of the contract, if any, shall be borne by the client. The Company
shall refund the expenses for Tour Services which have not been rendered to the client after deducting the
cancellation fee or penalty charges or other charges which have already been paid or will be paid to Tour Service
3. When the Company cancels the Tour Contract in accordance with Paragraph (2)1 a. or d., the Company shall, at the
client's request and expense, make necessary arrangements to return the client to the point of departure.
4. When the Company cancels the Tour Contract in accordance with Paragraph (2)1, the contractual relationship
between the Company and the client shall be rescinded but not with retroactive effect. The Company's obligation in
relation to the Tour Services that have been rendered to the client shall be deemed to have been validly fulfilled.
17. Refund of Travel Cost
- When the Company owes any liability to refund to a client in cases such as "tour price reduction in accordance with
Article 12 (2), (3) or (5)", or "if either the client or the Company has cancelled the Tour Contract in accordance with
Article 14 through 16", the Company shall make said refund within 7 days counting from the day after cancellation, in
the case of a refund arising from cancellation before departure, and within 30 days counting from the day after the tour
ends, as stipulated in the Brochure in the case of a reduction in the tour price or refund due to cancellation after tour
- Paragraph (1) shall not prevent clients or the Company from claiming compensation for damages in accordance with
Article 19 (Liability of the Company) or Article 21 (Liability of Clients).
- Clients shall be required to request the refund at the tour sales office where they applied for the tour within one month
from the planned tour departure day.
- All tour coupons already provided are required to be submitted when requesting a refund after the provision of tour
coupons. Otherwise, the Company may not be able to make a refund of the tour price.
18. Tour Conductors
- A tour conductor shall accompany in the tour packages indicated as accompanied by a tour conductor throughout the
duration of the tour itinerary. The tour conductor shall, in principle, provide the services necessary for the smooth
operation of the tour itinerary prescribed in the contract documents. Clients are required to follow the instructions of
the tour conductor in order to maintain the safe and smooth operation of the itinerary during the tour. The tour
conductor shall provide services, in principle, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- A local tour conductor shall accompany in the tour packages indicated as accompanied by a local tour conductor from
arrival at the destination to departure to the next destination. The local tour conductor shall provide the same services
as the tour conductors mentioned in Paragraph (1).
- tour conductor shall not accompany but a local assistant provides services necessary for smooth operation of the
tour in the case of a package guided by a local assistant.
- An English-speaking guide shall accompany in the tour packages indicated as accompanied by an English-speaking
guide in the sections as specified in the column for guide service in the Brochures. The English-speaking guide shall
provide tour guide services in English at sightseeing areas
- An English-speaking assistant shall provide English language support in the sections as specified in the Brochures so
that the clients may take part in the tours smoothly. Please note in advance that the English-speaking assistant is not
allowed to provide tour guide services at sightseeing areas under the laws and regulations of Japan.
- Neither a tour conductor nor a local assistant shall accompany clients on individualized tours (free plan). Clients
participating in such tours shall be responsible for managing the itinerary by themselves. The Company shall provide
the clients with travel coupons and/or tickets for Tour Services, such clients shall make all arrangements for receiving
the Tour Services by themselves. In the event of the suspension of services by transportation providers or sudden
cancellation of travel for the client's own personal reasons, the client shall contact the tour sale agent in charge.
Furthermore, if the client is unable to contact the tour sale agent due to it being on a non-business day or outside of
regular business hours, the client shall make a cancellation notice or cancellation process of remaining services of
reserved facilities (hotels, transportation facilities, etc.) by himself/hershelf. Failure to make notification or processing
for the purposes of cancellation of the remaining services will result in the waiver of the client's right and the customer
may not be able to receive any refund.
- When events arise which require a change in the services because of the bad weather or other reasons during the
sections where the local tour conductor does not accompany and the local assistant does not conduct its business,
clients shall make arrangements for substitute services and the necessary procedures incidental to them.
19. Liability of the Company
- In performing its obligations under the terms of its Tour Contract for an agent-organized tour, if the Company causes
damage to clients through wilful misconduct or negligence of the Company or the Company's agent, the Company
shall be liable for such damage. However, this only applies if the notification is made to the Company within 2 years
counting from the day following the occurrence of the damage.
- In principle, the Company shall not be liable for damage incurred by clients as stipulated in Paragraph (1) above
caused by the following events beyond the control of the Company or arrangement agents:
(a) natural disaster, war, civil riot and alteration or cancellation of a tour itinerary due to such events; (b) accidents
during transportation or accommodation, damage by fire; (c) cessation of services rendered by transportation or
accommodation providers, and alteration or cancellation of tour itinerary due to such events; (d) orders of
governments, isolation resulting from infectious diseases, immigration control regulations, and alteration or
cancellation of tour itinerary due to such events; (e) accidents during the clients' free activities; (f) food poisoning; (g)
theft; (h) delays, stoppages, changes of schedule and route by transportation providers, and alterations of tour
itineraries and/or shortened stays at destinations due to such events; or (i) alterations of tour itineraries and/or
shortened stays at destinations through the client's fault.
- Notwithstanding the notification period of the damage as provided in Paragraph (1), the Company shall compensate for
damage to baggage as provided in Paragraph (1) only when said damage is reported within 14 days counting from the
day after the occurrence of such damage. The compensation shall be, regardless of the amount of the damage, up to
a maximum of 150,000 yen per person (except for cases where the Company committed wilful misconduct or gross
20. Special Indemnification
- Regardless of whether or not the Company is liable as mentioned in the preceding Article (1), in accordance with the
Company's Special Rules for Compensation of the Company Terms and Conditions, the Company shall pay
compensation for death (15 million yen), compensation for permanent physical injuries (up to 15 million yen), cost of
hospitalization (20,000 - 200,000 yen), cost of hospital visit (10,000 - 50,000 yen) and compensation for damage to
baggage (up to 100,000 yen per item of baggage or pair of items and up to 150,000 yen per person for one
agentorganized tour), for specific damage incurred by the clients' body, life or baggage, arising from sudden and
accidental occurrence during an agent-organized tour.
- Notwithstanding Paragraph (1), a day when no Tour Services included in an agent-organized tour organized by the
Company are provided shall not be considered as a day during an agent-organized tour unless otherwise mentioned in
the relevant Brochure.
- The Company shall not pay compensation or cost as stipulated in Paragraph (1) when damage suffered by clients
during an agent-organized tour results from the client's wilful misconduct, driving while intoxicated and/or ill, or
dangerous sports and activities such as mountain climbing (using mountain-climbing equipment such as ice axes,
crampons, climbing rope hammers), luge, bobsledding, skydiving, hang-gliding, ultra-light plane flying (motor-driven
hang-gliding, microlight planes, ultra-light planes), gyro-plane flying which are not included in the agent-organized tour
and are engaged in during the client's free time. Provided, however, that this is not applicable when these activities are
included in the itinerary of the agent-organized tour.
- The Company shall not pay compensation for damage for exempted items listed in the Company Terms and Conditions
such as cash, securities, credit cards, coupons, airplane tickets, passport, driver's licences, visas, deposit receipts
(including handbooks and bank cards), other data and similar items, contact lenses.
- In cases where the Company is liable for compensation as stipulated in Paragraph (1) and compensation for damage
as stipulated in the preceding Article, when any one of the liabilities is met, both liabilities shall be regarded as met to
the extent of the amount paid.
21. Liability of Clients
- The client shall be liable to the Company for damage suffered arising from the client's wilful misconduct, negligence,
illegal conduct or conduct against public order and good manners, or breach of the Company Terms and Conditions.
- Clients are required to make every effort to utilize information provided by the Company and to understand the details
of the Tour Contract of the agent-organized tour including the rights and obligations of clients to conclude the
agentorganized tour contract.
- After the departure of the tour, if a client finds that the Tour Services provided are different from that specified in the
contract documents, in order for the client to receive Tour Services smoothly as provided in the contract documents,
clients are required to report the discrepancy promptly at the local destination to the tour conductor, English-speaking
guide, conciliator, local assistant guide, providers of Tour Services or the tour sales store where the application was
- The Company may take necessary measures if the Company considers that a client during the tour needs treatment
due to illness or injuries or being in a condition requiring protection. In this case, if the Company is not responsible for
such causes, the client shall bear all costs for such treatment and shall pay for such costs by the means and date
designated by the Company.
- If the client loses the travel coupons provided by the Company, the client shall bear the cost and charges of
transportation service providers to reissue said coupons. The tariffs and charges shall be the amount decided by such
transportation service providers.
22. Optional Tour and Provision of Information
- In relation to the application of Article 20 (Special Indemnification) to a separate agent-organized tour arranged and
operated by the Company with a separate participation fee targeted at clients who are participating in an
agentorganized tour of the Company (hereinafter referred to as a "Local Option"), the Company shall treat it as part of
the main agent-organized tour contract. We specify in the Brochures relating to Local Options that "the organizer is the
- If it is stated in the Brochure that the Local Option is operated by a company other than the Company, the Company
shall pay the compensation for or cost of damage suffered by clients during the Local Option in accordance with Article
20 (Special Indemnification) (provided, however, that this does not apply to cases where the date of the Local Option
is not on the arranged date of the main agent-organized tour and also such is clearly mentioned in the Brochure and
the Final Tour Itinerary). The responsibility of the tour operator of the Local Option and of the clients are all governed
by the terms and conditions of such tour operator.
- Where the Company lists possible sports in its Brochures merely for the purposes of providing information, the
Company will clearly indicate this. In this case, the special indemnification provision of Article 20 shall apply to damage
suffered by clients caused during the possible sports (provided, however, that this does not apply to cases where the
date of the Local Option is not on the arranged date of the main agent-organized tour and also such is clearly
mentioned in the Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary). However, other than that, the Company shall not be responsible
for any liability.
23. Itinerary Booking Guarantee
- Should material changes occur in the contents of the contract as stated in the left-hand column of the following table
(except for changes mentioned in 1 through 3 below), the Company shall pay to the clients for compensation for
changes by multiplying "tour prices" provided in Article 7 by the rate indicated in the right-hand column of the table
within 30 days counting from the day after the tour ends. Provided, however, that if it is apparent that the Company is
liable in accordance with Article 19(1) in relation to such changes, the Company shall pay the amount not as
compensation for changes but as either a portion or full amount of compensation for damage.
1. The Company shall not pay compensation for changes due to the following reasons (however, the Company shall
pay compensation for changes if such changes are caused by a shortage of seats, rooms or other facilities of the
transportation or accommodation service providers, even when such services are provided):
(a) bad weather and natural disasters, which hinder the tour itinerary; (b) war; (c) civil riots; (d) governmental orders;
(e) suspension of Tour Services involving transportation or accommodation service providers such as cancellation,
interruption, or cessation; (f) provision of transport services different from the original schedule; owing to delays or
changes in operation schedules; and (g) necessary measures to secure tour participants' lives and bodies.
2. If a change occurs because of the cancellation of the Tour Contract in accordance with Articles 15 and 16, the
Company shall not pay compensation for changes.
3. If the order of the Tour Services provided in the Brochure changes but such services are provided to the clients
during the tour, the Company shall not pay compensation for changes.
- Notwithstanding Paragraph (1) above, the maximum amount of compensation for changes paid by the Company per
one organized Tour Contract shall be limited to the "tour price" stipulated in Article 7 multiplied by 15%. If payment of
compensation for changes to one client is less than 1,000 yen per one Tour Contract, the Company shall not pay such
compensation for changes.
- The Company may pay compensation by providing goods or services equivalent to compensation money with clients'
consent instead of paying the compensation for changes or for damage in cash.
|Change for which the Company shall pay
compensation for changes
||If clients are notified by a date
prior to tour departure
||If clients are notified after tour
|(1) Change in tour departure or end date specified in
the Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary
|(2) Changes in destination or entry to tourist spots
and/or facilities (including restaurants) stated in
the Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary
|(3) Changes in equipment of transportation facilities
or down grade of the facilities as stated in the
Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary to those of
lower cost (only when the total price of the grade
and equipment of the facilities after change
become less than those stated in the Brochure or
the Final Tour Itinerary)
|(4) Changes in types of the transportation facilities
or the transportation company as stated in the
Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary
|(5) Change to other flight involving a change of
domestic airports for departure or arrival of the
tour stated in the Brochure or the Final Tour
|(6) Change in the international flights stated in the
Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary from direct
flight to connecting flight or flight with stops
|(7) Change in accommodation facilities or the name
of the accommodation providers as stated in the
Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary
|(8) Change in type of rooms, facilities, views of
accommodation as stated in the Brochure or the
Final Tour Itinerary
|(9) Among the changes in items (1) through
(8)above,the matters included in the tour title as
stated in the Brochure or the Final Tour Itinerary
Note 1: In the event that changes occur between the details as set forth in the Brochure and those in the Final Tour
Itinerary, or between the details set forth in the Final Tour Itinerary and the actual Tour Services provided,
each change shall be considered as one change.
Note 2: With regard to the changes set forth in (9) above, compensation rates set forth in (1) through (8) shall not
apply, and the compensation rate set forth in (9) shall apply.
Note 3: For transportation facilities, one change shall be deemed as one change per ride or ship; for accommodation
facilities, one change per overnight stay; and for other tour services, one change per item.
Note 4: In the event that multiple changes set forth in (4), (7), and (8) occur per ride or ship or per overnight stay, such
changes shall nevertheless be deemed as one change per ride or ship, or as one change per overnight stay.
Note 5: In the event that the transportation facilities set forth in (3) and (4) accompany usage of accommodation
facilities, changes shall be deemed as one change per overnight stay.
Note 6: For company name changes in transportation facilities as set forth in (4) and name changes in
accommodation facilities as set forth in (7), this only means the cases where the facilities themselves change.
Note 7: Changes to a higher grade or facilities is not
24. Correspondence Contract
The Companies may accept an application for the tour from a card holder (hereinafter referred to as a "Card Holder") of a
credit card issued by the Company or credit card companies with which the Company have an alliance (hereinafter
referred to as "Affiliated Companies") under the condition that the tour price and cancellation fee may be paid without the
Card Holder's signature ("Communications Contract"). The terms and conditions of the Communications Contract are
different from the usual terms and conditions of the tour in the points below. (Some travel sales agents may not be able to
deal with such applications. Also, the type of cards acceptable will depend on the relevant travel sales agent.)
- "Card Use Day" means, in this Article, the date when the Card Holder or the Company pays the tour price or other
amount or refunds debts in accordance with the Tour Contract.
- When applying, the credit card number and card expiration date and other matters must be notified to the Companies.
- Tour Contracts by way of Communications Contracts are concluded, when the Companies send a notice of acceptance
to conclude such Tour Contracts; provided, however, that, in the case that the Companies provide notice of
acceptance by electronic means such as telephone or e-mail, when such notice reaches the client.
- The Companies shall receive the payment of the "tour prices described in the Brochure" and the "cancellation fee as
provided in Article 14" by a credit card issued by the Affiliated Companies without a signature of the Card Holder on the
prescribed slip. In this case, the Card Use Day for the tour price shall be the day when the contract enters into effect.
- When a client cancels a contract, the Companies shall refund the amount of the tour price less the amount of the
cancellation fee within 7 days (30 days in the case of a reduction or cancellation after tour departure) counting from
the day after the cancellation request date, which shall be the Card Use Day.
- If payment by the credit card presented by the Card Holder cannot be made due to credit reasons, the Companies
shall terminate the Communications Contract and the Client must pay to the Companies the tour price in cash by a
date which the Companies separately specifies. If the client is not able to pay by the due date, the client shall be
charged a penalty charges equivalent to the cancellation fee described in Article 14(1).
25. Subscription to Domestic Travel Insurance
If a client is injured during a tour, treatment costs, transportation costs and other expenses may be high. In the case of an
accident, compensation claims for damages against the assailant and the collection of compensation may be very difficult.
To secure these, it is recommend that clients take out sufficient travel insurance themselves. For details, please consult
the sales staff of the store at which the client applied to the tour.
26. Handling of Personal Information
- When clients apply for tours, the Companies obtain the clients' personal information described in the Companies'
application form. Clients may choose which personal information to provide to the Companies at their own discretion
but the Companies may not be able to accept an application or request of a client if all or part of the personal
information is not provided and the Companies cannot contact the client or carry out the necessary procedures to
arrange and provide the Tour Services.
- The Companies use the personal information obtained in accordance with the preceding Paragraph to contact clients
and use such information to the extent necessary for the process of arranging the Tour Services and receiving such
services for the tour applied to by the client and provide such information to the transportation and accommodation
providers described in the Brochure and insurance companies and arrangement agent by electronic means.
In addition, the Companies may use the clients' personal information (1) for news in relation to the Companies or
Affiliated Companies' products or services or campaigns, (2) to request opinions and impressions after tour
participation, (3) to request the completion of a questionnaire, (4) to offer VIP services and (5) to formulate statistical
- The Companies duly use and manage the clients' personal information in accordance with the Personal Information
Protection Law of Japan and the privacy policies posted on the websites of the Companies. Please refer to the privacy
policies of the companies which plan and carry out the relevant tours as to other details of use and management of
personal information, including provision to a third party or shared use of personal information and a contact point for
- The Company may entrust part or the entire handling of the personal information provided in accordance with
Paragraph (1) to other companies in relation to the tour conductor services or reference services at the airport. In this
case, the Company shall choose such companies to entrust based on the Company's criteria and only entrust the
personal information after first concluding a non-disclosure agreement.
27. Reference Date of Tour Conditions and Prices
The reference date of the tour conditions and tour prices are as specified in the Brochures (Japan time).
- The client shall bear the expenses incurred when he/she asks a tour conductor for the personal accompaniment or
shopping, costs arising from his/her injury or illness, expenses incurred from the collection of lost baggage or articles
left behind owing to personal negligence, as well as charges incurred by independent activity.
- The client shall accept all responsibility for decisions regarding individual purchases at souvenir shops even when said
shops are introduced by the Company. The Company will not accept any exchange or return of products.
- If clients consent to the system that airlines may ask for clients to voluntarily board an airplane other than the originally
scheduled airplane (flex traveller system) and actually board other airplane not chartered by the Company, the
Company shall be deemed to have fulfilled its obligation of arrangement and itinerary management and the Company
shall have no responsibility for the liabilities of itinerary guarantee and special indemnification relating to such change.
- Under no circumstances the Company shall re-conduct a tour.
- By joining the agent-organized tours operated by the Companies, the client may be eligible for the frequent flyer miles
services provided by airlines. For inquiries regarding or registration for such services, the client shall contact the
corresponding airline directly. Furthermore, changes of the tour conditions arising from changes in airline shall not
apply to the liabilities set forth in Article 19 (1) and Article 23 (1).
- Tour Contracts shall be governed by the laws of Japan notwithstanding the conflict-of-laws principles.
- Any disputes arising from or in connection with the Tour Contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
When clients order alcoholic beverages, meals, and other services at inns or hotels, clients shall be liable for the relevant
taxes including consumption taxes as a general rule.
This document is a translation of the Japanese original and provided only for your information. If there is any discrepancy
between this translation and the Japanese original, the Japanese original shall prevail.