This Privacy Notice is issued by JTB Corp. (hereinafter referred to as “JTB”) to you to inform you that JTB collects, accesses, uses and processes the following customer’s personal data in the following way for providing various of convenient services and useful information regarding travelling in Japan as the Japan Trip Navigator Services (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”).
- 1. Categories of Personal Data
- JTB hereby informs you that, for or under the Services, JTB collects, uses and processes the following categories of your personal data
- Geographic Location (Only when using the Japan Trip Navigator App (hereinafter referred to as the “App”).)
- Age Group
- 2. Legal Basis and Purpose
- Your personal data may be used and processed by JTB based on Article 6 (1)(f) of the GDPR, and JTB hereby informs you that JTB uses and processes your personal data for the purpose of providing you following services:
Your peresonal data collected by or through the App may be disclosed to a third party as aggregated or anonymized information in a form that does not directly identify customers.
- Provision of recommended information, including but not limited to the tourist attractions, tour plans and other recommended services, events or campaigns, based on customer’s geographic location information and attribute information.
- 3. Retention Periods
- JTB keeps your personal data as long as there is a statutory or legal requirement to do so or in order to provide the aforementioned Services to you. For accounting or auditing purposes JTB may retain your personal data for a period of time after our direct business dealings have ended.
- 4. Data Storage and Transfer
- JTB may disclose your personal data to the JTB group companies or other companies inside or outside of EEA (e.g. Travel Agencies, System Development companies. etc.) If such company is located out of EEA, JTB will disclose personal data based on BCR, SCC or other legitimate backgrouds with an adequate level of protection to transfer the personal data.
- 5. Prior Consent
- If any of your personal data to be processed by JTB is subject to sensitive data under GDPR, JTB will seek separate explicit consent from you prior to obtaining that data.
- 6. Your Rights
Please contact us by email if you have any questions or require futher detailed information regarding our usage of personal data: email@example.com
If you are not completely satisfied with how personal data request was handled then you may contact your local Data Protection Supervisory Authority.