We provide tailor-made services aimed at customers visiting Hokkaido from abroad, as well as people living in Japan who provide services to those customers, in order to allow them to enjoy high-quality content about Hokkaido.
We always endeavor to listen to our customers' requirements and act as their concierge in Hokkaido to fully satisfy their needs.
- Tailor-made travel uniquely designed for each customer We provide tailor-made travel arrangements in line with customer requirements, offering the best seasonal information based on the greatest features that Hokkaido has to offer across all seasons and regions. (We do not provide services for individual requirements such as accommodation only or transportation only.)
- Exclusive hire services We can provide exclusive hire services for hot spring inns, auberges, restaurants, and can also make special arrangements for chartered helicopters, and more.
- Concierge services
Hokkaido spans a vast area of approximately 83,400 m2, constituting about 22% of Japan's total surface area. It offers visitors many different aspects to be enjoyed, depending on the region and the season.
Once we receive some rough information about our customers' stay in Hokkaido, such as the purpose and length of their stay, the number of people in the group, budget, and the like, we are able to make suggestions on how best they can enjoy Hokkaido during their visit.
- Multilingual support (Japanese, English, Chinese, and Korean) We can communicate with customers in Japanese, English, Chinese, and Korean. We can be a single point of contact for all our customers' needs, from initial meetings to quotations and account payments.
- Responses to queries within 24 hours (except outside of business hours) We are able to respond to inquiries via e-mail or phone. Please send us detailed information about your inquiry and we will endeavor to respond within 24 hours.
- ＜Private cars＞We can make arrangements for hiring a variety of vehicles, such as a new Toyota minivan-a model that is also highly popular in Japan, a minibus with lavatory suitable for a group of 12 passengers, and more.
- We can also provide English-speaking drivers, vehicle hire with a multilingual interpreter, drivers with a Master of Hokkaido Tourism certification, etc.
- ＜Chartered helicopters＞These can be arranged as a quicker mode of transport for traveling around the vast landscape of Hokkaido.
- Japan does not have a hotel classification system; hence, we introduce to our customers a carefully-selected range of accommodation, by selecting only those that have achieved 85 points or more in overall rating based on JTB's customer satisfaction survey. These include a wide variety of establishments such as city hotels, hot spring hotels, resort hotels, B&Bs, and more.
- Hokkaido is a real treasure chest for food! We can introduce our customers to a carefully-selected range of stores supported by the local community, offering amazing seasonal flavors in terms of seafood, agricultural produce, meat, dairy products, and even sweets.
- We can suggest a wide variety of bars and restaurants serving Japanese cuisine, sushi, ramen, Genghis Khan, and yakiniku barbecues -always in high demand- as well as restaurants run by highly prominent young chefs serving Hokkaido French and Hokkaido Italian-style cuisines.
- We can recommend many different types of experiences depending on customer requirements, including outdoor activities such as horse riding, trekking, mountain climbing, rafting, canoeing, skiing and backcountry skiing, as well as farm activities such as fruit picking and cow milking, plus cultural activities such as Ainu experiences, and more. Experiences related to Japanese culture are also available.
- We can make arrangements for tourist guides who can speak the native language of our customers. We offer tourist guides who are certified Guide-Interpreters (national qualification) in Japanese, English, Chinese, and Korean (please contact us if you require any other languages).
- Our staff is able to provide the best suggestions to fit with our customers’ requirements.
- Our Global Lounge Hokkaido web site has now been launched.
*Currently under construction.
Please see below for a few examples of the types of services that we are able to offer. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other requirements.
VIP Family Tours
Professional multilingual guides can provide a full service for the whole family. They can offer flexible arrangements based on customer requirements, including accommodation, food, transport, and more, as well as special programs tailored for children.
We can make arrangements for conference venues, simultaneous interpreting, tour guides, transport, and we can also provide programs for unique and memorable parties, planned excursions around Hokkaido, and more.
Hokkaido Inspection Tours
We can offer inspection tours of popular golf courses, holiday villas, as well as agricultural plants, wine cellars storing Japanese sake and wine, and more. There are many key people in Hokkaido who could facilitate the creation of new business opportunities. We can help our customers to find the absolute best match for their new businesses.
We can offer corporate incentive tours, character-building events, exclusive parties, and more. We can act as a single point of contact to help with all customer needs, from making arrangements to events execution.
Special Interest Tours (SIT) have become very popular in recent years. They can offer a wide range of fascinating experiences unique to Hokkaido, from wild bird watching, Ainu cultural experiences, eco-tours, agricultural experiences, backcountry skiing, and more.
We can make many proposals that are perfect for our customers’ stay, based on their interests and preferences.
Here we introduce a range of questions frequently asked by our customers.
They provide answers for people that have never traveled in Japan before, who might have questions or might be feeling unsure about certain aspects.
- Can you make special arrangements for vegetarians or Muslims?
- What types of services have you provided in the past?
- Can you make arrangements for hotels only?
- Can you provide sightseeing spots and schedules especially designed for foreigners?
Travel arrangements generally require a lot of time and effort, such as contacting a variety of individual establishments, and the like.
Global Lounge Hokkaido undertakes all these arrangements on your behalf.
All our customer service counters at Global Lounge Hokkaido operate based on an advance reservation system. Reservations can be made by phone or using the dedicated web site below.
In addition, we also accept inquiries made via e-mail and phone. (In addition to Japanese, we also have English-speaking staff available. We can also respond to inquiries from overseas customers.)
Global Lounge Hokkaido
Opening hours: 9:30 to 17:30. Closed: Saturdays, Sundays, New Year holidays, and national holidays.
Sales Department, JTB Hokkaido, 8th Floor Urban Net Sapporo Building, 6-1-2 Kitaichijo-nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0001, Japan